Sunday, October 5, 2008

October

Well, the days have just been zipping by, kinda like in this video.
I'm going to make sure I update this blog once a week, or at least try. Heh, I've just had so much work to do! Chemistry is going quite well, although I did hit a bit of a stumbling block the other week with some equations. I think I've got the hang of the idea gas equation: I must remember to put Celcius into Kelvin!
Biology was a bit tricky, but it's more of a case of knowing how much work to put into your homework. GCSE answers to a worksheet don't cut it - it needs research. English essays are also a bit tricky to adapt to, but I've got loads of notes (I'm doing Wilfred Owen poems and Pat Barker's Regeneration). French is also hard work, but I might be going on the Acorn Education Exchange, which is exciting!
Hm...What else? I've got back into The Sims 2 in a major way, although the "Store" is disgusting; why doesn't EAxis just release new things on the exchange like they used to? Ah well, a pirate's life for me! Yo ho ho etc. I'm also trying out this new theme for Windows XP; I buggered up the Start button with some different text a few years back and could never change it back, so I've got this cool steampunky thing going on.
I've also got this random idea involving taking a photograph of something interesting for each week I update, so I may try that out.
Oh, and to tie back into the video from the start of this post, I'm going to try forcing some daffodils and have them bloom by November! It'll be interesting.
Edit:
I have started taking part in debate club at school, which is quite enjoyable. And I just reread my post and noticed that there are far more exclamation points than full stops, which is not good!

1 comment:

vladh said...

Hehehe, kinda sucks to change start menu text, there was a program that did it, but all I could find was http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/791/