Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday etc.

I had a nice Birthday weekend - too nice, in fact. I'm paying for it now by frantically typing out 5 pieces of homework for tomorrow. Or trying to, at least - you know how it is with the internet, right? So far, I've only got all my homework together. I suppose I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb so I'll carry on typing.
I got a walkman for my birthday! I'm not terribly clued up with personal electronics even though I'm a member of the "Wikipedia generation", so whenever I say Walkman, I think of the clunky old casette players. Ironically, I found myself puzzling over how to use a tape player the other day, it being so long since I'd used one; which way up was A side! Heh.
Following on from this, I may have mentioned my liking of steampunk. There's something incredibly romantic about the Victorian era (or at least the idealised version of it), and I'm going to endeavour to be more Steampunky. Heck, I may even pop down to Camden next weekend and go into some of the Goth shops there; Goth and Steampunk are inorexably intertwined.
As a final note in this post on Steampunk, here's an amazing modification I saw on the internet.
Something of concern is the sudden resurgence in wildlife this close to Winter; after a rubbish Summer we're having a few days of warm weather. The Passion Plant is in full bloom, along with some Clematis and several nasturtians! I just saw a hairy yellow caterpillar inch across the table outside. I hope the winter frost doesn't do them all in!

1 comment:

vladh said...

Wow, interesting PC mod.
I really can't wait for the winter, it's my favorite time of the year by far...